Controlling Spreadsheets: Motivation and Methodology. My paper to EuroCACS16 in Dublin
VBA in the FUSE spreadsheet corpus. My presentation to Eusprig 2015 found that most of the FUSE spreadsheets are of no interest to me in formula error research. Of 249,376 files, 12,854 (5.15%) have formulas, 472 of them had unique VBA content, and they have a range of typically 10 to 2000 lines of code.
Unsolved spreadsheet problems - People, Process and Technology. Eusprig 2012 presentation focused on possible directions for future research into process improvement and change management.
Controlling Spreadsheets: Motivation and Methodology. My paper to EuroCACS11
- outlines concerns about risks from the uncontrolled use of spreadsheet-based information systems.
- presents real statistics on error rates to help you make the case for better control.
- describes good practices for error detection, correction, and prevention.
- covers how to assess risk in the context of spreadsheet criticality, and a process of high level and detailed reviews.
- reviews software tools on the market to facilitate the audit process.
Spreadsheet Refactoring Eusprig 2010
Checks and Controls in Spreadsheets Eusprig 2009
Information and Data Quality in Spreadsheets Eusprig 2008
Agile Spreadsheet Development (ASD) 2003 article for ExcelUser.com